Pre-conference tour (September 25–29)
A five day tour inside the Abruzzo Parks: Nature and Culture
Tour operators' Fausto Travel - Teramo
Via Tevere, n ° 24/26 - 64100 Teramo
Via M. Martorelli snc - 67050 Massa d'Albe (Aq)
Tel 0863.1940278 - Fax 0863.7431178
Buses for the transfers
4 days full board in 4 stars Hotel
Assistance and guided tours in English
Description of the route and places to visit:
- Guided tour in the carsic caves of the Pietrasecca Nature Reserve
- Guided tour in the Monte Velino Nature Reserve
- Guided tour in the wood Museum of Arischia - Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park
- Guided tour in the Chamois Museum of Rovere and in the historical Centre of Ovindoli - Sirente Velino Regional Park
- Guided tour of in the spring of the Nature Reserve of the Pescara River
- Visit to the visitor centre of "Paolo Barrasso" Caramanico Spa - Majella National Park
- Tour to the Bear visitors centre in Villavallelonga - Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise National Park
25/29 September 2010
€ 757 per participant
(Minimum number of participants - 14)
The cost includes: guided tours in English, museum entrance / visitor centre, full board in 4 star hotel, transportation.
The cost does not include: what is not mentioned.
PROGRAMME of the 5 days visit
Saturday, September 25
- 18.00 - Departure by bus from Rome Fiumicino
- 20.00 - Arrival in Celano. Hotel accommodation, dinner and overnight.
Sunday, September 26
- 08.30 - Departure
- 09.30 am - Arrival at Pietrasecca and meeting with the guides.
Guided tour along the path that will take us to the Deer Cave.
(the theme will focus on geology and geomorphology).
Guided tour of the Deer Cave with a Speleological Guide of the Abruzzo Region;
- 13.30 - Departure to Magliano dei Marsi
- 14.00 - Packed Lunch, in the area of the Sirente Velino Nature Reserve in Magliano dei Marsi, visit to the museum, the botanical garden and nature trail.
- 18.30 - Departure to Celano. Return to hotel, dinner and overnight.
Monday, September 27
- 08.00 - Departure
- 09.30 am - Arrival in Arischia and visit to the Wood Museum in the Gran Sasso Monti della Laga NP.
- 13.00 - Packed Lunch
- 14.30 - Moving to the Chamois Visitors Centre in Rovere – Sirente Velino Regional Park. Tour.
- 17.30 - Ovindoli. Visit of the historical Centre of the town.
- 19.00 - Departure to Celano. Return to the hotel.
Tuesday, September 28
- 08.00 - Departure
- 09.30 am - arrival at Popoli in the Nature Reserve of Pescara river springs.
- 13.30 - Packed Lunch in picnic area.
- 16.30 - arrival in Caramanico Terme. Visit to the "Paolo Barrasso" visitor centre, the archaeological site and nature section.
- 18.30 - Departure to Celano. Arrival at the hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Wednesday, September 29
- 08.00 - Departure to Villavallelonga. Guided tour of the Bear Museum and the Wildlife Area of Villavallelonga.
- 12.30 - Departure to Pescasseroli